Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Slacking

I have been slacking big time with my blog so I apologize. A lot has been going on lately. In my last post I mentioned how I dyed my hair. I decided it was time to tell the story. So here it goes...

When I was visiting Megan almost a month ago I decided to dye my hair. I had been wanting it a shade or two darker for a while but just never got an appointment with my hair stylist.

While Megan and I were shopping at Target we looked at all the hair coloring boxes. There were quite a few that looked good. I sat pondering which one I was going to purchase. They were cheap and I figured everything would turn out great because I have done it a few times in the past and never had a problem. Well, I'm stupid enough to have picked the darkest brown color. The box must have been deceiving or I was just too blind to notice how "DARK BROWN" it must have been.

That night I was all excited to have a new hair color. When Megan was applying the dye, my roommate Abby pointed out it was purple. Megan's gloves were covered in purple. I should have known it wasn't a good sign. Once the bottle was empty and my hair was covered I sat hoping it would turn out a success. I wanted to rinse it out 5 minutes or so after it was applied. Megan and Abby told me it would be a waste to wash it out. I thought about it and agreed.

After 15 or 20 minutes and hurried to the bathroom to rinse it out. It took forever. I started blow drying it and was shaking with fear. Once pieces of my hair started to dry I was furious with the outcome. It was COAL BLACK!!! I went to the other room where Megan, Abby, and Megan's brother and sister were to show them my "witch" hair. I was crying and so worried it would stay black forever. They all tried to comfort me. It wasn't working at first but then I decided I had to get over it sometime.

It has been weeks now and I think back with a bit of humor. I felt so hideous when it happened and I still do some days but I am slowly getting over it. I will admit it was quite hilarious the more I think about it.

Sadly enough, my hair is still dark and taking a lot longer to lighten then I was hoping for. I am getting used to it but still don't like it very much.

The before picture: I seemed happy before but let me tell you, when I saw my hair after I had washed it all out I couldn't help but cry.

The after picture: This was a few days after I dyed my hair. Pretty scary I know. If only you would have seen it seconds after. I had no makeup on so my face was extremely pale. I seriously looked like I was wearing a wig. SCARY SIGHT!!!!


I finally turned 21 and had a wonderful birthday. I have amazing friends and family that made my birthday so fantastic.

Allison and Mollie threw me a surprise party the Saturday before my birthday. It was a lot of fun. On my birthday I worked, went to dinner with my family, and attended Marybeth's bridal shower. I received so many phone calls and texts from friends and family. Thanks to all of you who made my birthday so memorable. Also, James sent me a package and it came on my birthday. He couldn't have planned better.

I had all of last week off of work because the family went to Portland for vacation. I took the opportunity to go on a short road trip with Allison and Mollie. We went to Lake Havasu, Arizona. Mollie's family has a house there. It is so nice. I spent almost two days straight in the pool behind her house. It was great to have a vacation.

I am taking an online class this summer that started yesterday. I was very upset and annoyed when I found out I had one more class to take before I could graduate. Apparently, I took the same class twice. The University switched the course number on me and I had no idea. My advisor didn't catch it either. Therefore, now I am stressing out with this class. It is only 6 weeks long making it really crammed. Its going to be a lot of busy work but at least I will get to graduate in December. I am very grateful my new advisor realized I needed one more general to graduate. I will definitely be busy with work and this Civilizations: Humanities class.

3 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

You've got to love USU for switching requirements behind your back. I hope your class isn't too horrible. There is a link to karren's blog on mine. We'll have to get invited to Mike and leslie's. I'm excited to see how your hair is fading. Have you considered some pink or green high lights? Might add a nice touch. I'm sure you'd be a great job candidate for Hot Topic.

Leslie said...

Hey! I didn't know you guys all had blogs. Ours is private, but if you would like an invite, send your email to lp23j@yahoo.com

K'Lyn said...

How is the hair treating you? If you would blog I would comment :) No, I am not the best at consistent blogging, I would much rather read and comment. Come and see me/us!!