Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good News!!!

James and I went on a vacation to Florida at the beginning of May. While we were there I got a call from the elementary school in Preston. I had applied for a teaching job and they were calling to set up an interview. They wanted me to interview on a Thursday, but we weren't going to be home until Saturday. Luckily, they were able to schedule me in on the following Monday. That interview was great. I had another interview two days later where I found out I will be teaching in Preston. I wasn't sure what grade, but just knew I had a job. I am going to be teaching 2nd grade. I am thrilled and nervous at the same time. I'm not quite sure what to expect other than I will be busy with correcting papers and planning. I signed my contract today. I am excited to get my classroom ready this summer. I'll post pictures when it is ready.

I'll post about our vacation to Florida sometime soon.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting Jenna! You will be a fantastic teacher. I love you.

Karen said...

Congrats on your new job!!! Second grade would be one of my first choices if I was a teacher.

Leslie said...

congrats!! You will do great:)

Brittany R. said...

good job jenna! You will do awesome!

juliewesterberg said...

That's my girl! A real grown-up job with benefits and everything. . . the kids in your class will be lucky.

This Idaho Girl said...

Go Jenna! The worst part is waiting until the end of September for your first paycheck and then realizing that's all you make. ...But it's in our blood. We can't deny it. Did you get a room next to Mr. Noel, by chance?

Tiffany said...

Congratulations. So exciting. The first year is a challenge, but you will be awesome!

Marybeth said...

Neato Burrito! I hope you teach 3rd grade so you can to multiplication tables and give ice cream scoops when they pass each number!!

Cindy and Phil said...

So excited to have you teaching with us!

A little bit of this and a little bit of that said...

yay Jenna! I am soooo happy for you :) And here is my blog....:) Love and miss ya!

Mark said...

Hey congrats Jenna on the teaching job! How was the trip you and James took down to Florida? Sounds like a lot of fun. We hope to see you guys soon. Tell James hi for me. I don't blog that much; Halsey does most of that. see ya later
-mark holt

sam and kyrsten said...

way to go. that is great news! congratulations!